Searching for the right job whilst still concentrating on your already busy career can be difficult, which is why our Recruitment Agency is here to help you do just that. We also want to ensure that you make the right move too. With this in mind we don’t try and sell you a job, we want you to make an informed decision
Here is some initial advice to get you on your way;
- Make sure that you have a clear, well-written CV and if you have more than one that they are consistent – ensure it is clear, concise, not too wordy but does have relevant information. We suggest;
- Name and contact details
- Profile to give a little detail on you and what you are looking for e.g. ‘A Degree educated Production Manager with a wealth of experience in….’
- Selected skills and achievements – include figures where you can
- Education details – if you don’t have much put this after your career details
- Your career to date using bullet points to detail responsibilities
- Hobbies and interests
- Check for spelling errors
- If you are a Designer, develop a good portfolio
- Upload your CV online onto the various job boards (if you are sure that this won't get spotted by somebody whom you don't want to see it)
- Keep searching the Arlington Moore website and others and contact us by email when you are interested in a role
- Ensure you are professional with details including your email address and your answerphone message
TIPS TO INCREASE YOUR CAREER CHANCES
- Keep learning – learn whenever you can, relevant courses. Qualifications such as a Degree may not make a difference to salary at the beginning of your career, but the difference can be wide later in life.
- Gain new experience whenever you can – take on new responsibilities
- Network – using your contacts and the internet
- Update your knowledge by reading articles etc.
- Explore potential opportunities
- Don’t burn bridges
- Always remain honest during the interview process
- Show willing and flexibility
- Be careful what you place on public websites and social networking sites!